CalDAV-Sync is a CalDAV client for Android to synchronize events. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default calendar app. (Also looking for CardDAV-Sync?)
There is a wiki now where users can share their experiences and tips for certain servers at dmfswiki. Please feel free to join and contribute.
This app is in beta state. This means: It works quite well but a few features may still be missing.
features & limitations (version 0.2.10)
- two-way-sync (but don't forget it is still beta, having a recent backup is always a good idea)
- supports for Android 4
- long term sync (up to 16 years in the past and the future)
- calendar color can be set now (though the color picker needs some work still)
- multiple calendars per account (long-press a calendar during setup to change display name or color)
- Android 2.2 and higher only (they changed some important stuff, so I still don't know if I ever will support 2.1), 2.1 support is currently being worked on I'm sorry to anounce that I've stopped all efforts to get two-way-sync working in Android 2.1. The calendar in 2.1 is broken in several ways and I didn't get two-way-sync to work. I have a version that allows one-way-sync in 2.1 and that I send out on request.
- Syncs recurring events
- category and attendees are not synced yet (there is an experimental option to sync attendees)
- see the list of supported servers & services for detailed information
If your phone does not provide the calendar component (if you don't have a calendar app on your device) you will need to install the following packages (in the correct version) on your device:
for Android 2.2
for Android 2.3
These packages are compiled from the Android sources and have to be distributed with this NOTICE