mandatory features for 1.0
Below is the list of mandatory features for version 1.0. This list is not exhaustive, features may be added every now and then.
- inform the user about errors
- inform the user about sync statistics
- password change dialog
- sync all (relevant) fields defined in RFC 2426 (a few fields like SOUND, GEO, AGENT... get not synced yet)
- sync as soon as a network connection becomes available if syncs have been missed due to insufficient connectivity
- manual conflict resolution
- manage Card-DAV accounts from app launcher
- "Sync-Now" Widget there already exists a 3rd party app that can do that
- use HTTP compression whenever possible
- accept md5 as digest algorithm
- sync very big collections (at least 2000 contacts) - I was able to sync a collection of 2000 contacts, each with a small photo
- warn about expired ssl certificates
- auto-detect server port
Some features are not mandatory for 1.0 but still nice to have. You're encouraged to send me your feature requests.
- import contacts from other address books
- import vcards from sd card, sms, mail ...
- export vcards to sdcard
- use dav multi-get to reduce sync overhead
- map vlists to groups
- map categories to groups
- option to confirm contact removals (from phone, from server, always)
- make "sync interval" a per account setting instead of a global setting