CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app. Please read the CardDAV-Sync FAQ first if you have any questions.
- vcard size is limited to 512kb, larger vcards won't get synced
- custom labels will not be preserved (actually this is a vcard limitation)
- instant messenger data is not synced
- Pre-installed contact editors of most devices are not capable of editing contacts from custom sync sources (see Issue5988). To address this issue I've taken the contact editor from the 2.1 sources and fixed it. Contact Editor Pro is available at the market (a free version is available as well).
- May crash if the phone's orientation is changed during account setup.
- May crash with an out-of-memory exception during initial sync if the CardDAV account contains too many or too large vcards. In this case no contacts will get synced. Currently the only workaround is to move some contacts to another address book until the initial sync runs without crashing and then move the contacts back in chunks of 100-300 entities.
Users syncing with a Zimbra 7 server should note the following to avoid data loss:
- The following fields are not synced properly by Zimbra, and any data may be lost if two-way sync is enabled:
- Company phone
- Assistant phone
- Car phone
- IM fields
- Any custom fields
- For the following fields, Zimbra only syncs 1 entry for each field, any further entries may be lost if two-way sync is enabled:
- Home fax
- Work fax
- Other phone
- Other fax
- URLs (1 entry for each type)
- Addresses (1 entry for each type)
- 2 entries each are permitted for the following fields:
- Home tel
- Work tel
- Multiple entries in the email field are synced (but not more than 3, recent version of Zimbra have been reported to sync more than 3 email addresses via CardDAV).
- All name fields are synced, except Maidenname which is not synced, but is preserved in Zimbra.
- Callback field is synced, but incorrectly displayed as 'Car phone' on Android (due to a Zimbra bug).