Revision as of 19:50, 26 June 2011 by Marten
CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
- vcard size is limited to 512kb, larger vcards won't get synced
- groups are not synced
- custom labels will not be preserved (actually this is a vcard limitation)
- Pre-installed contact editors of most devices are not capable of editing contacts from custom sync sources (see Issue5988). To address this issue I've taken the contact editot from the 2.1 sources and fixed it. Contact Editor++ is available at the market (a free version is available as well).
- May crash if the phone's orientation is changed during account setup.
- May crash with an out-of-memory exception during initial sync if the CardDAV account contains too many or too large vcards. In this case no contacts will get synced. Currently the only workaround is to move some contacts to another address book until the initial sync runs without crashing and then move the contacts back in chunks of 100-300 entities.