Thunderbird with SOGo Connector
If you use the Thunderbird SOGo Connector Plugin to sync your contacts with any non-SOGo server you'll need to apply a patch in order to make it load updates from the server.
Update With Thunderbird 10 and SOGo Connector 10 you don't need this patch anymore!
For all who don't know how to apply the patch I've prepared a patched version of the file at sync.addressbook.groupdav.js. Just search a file with this name in your Thunderbird profile and replace it with the patched file.
Even if you got it working there are some annoying issues:
- Photos that you added on your phone are not preserved when you edit a contact with Thunderbird.
- If you change the type of an email or phone number (e.g. from work to home) on the phone, Thunderbird will show the entry in both fields (if you didn't specify a new value for the old type as well).
- You can add up to 5 phone numbers (work, home, mobile, pager, fax) only.
- You can add 2 email addresses only.
- Like in SOGo, work email is mapped to "Email" and home email is mapped to "Additional Email" and vice versa.