- 1 Is CalDAV-Sync open source Software?
- 2 Why don't you make it open source right now?
- 3 How do I setup CalDAV-Sync for ...
- 4 It doesn't sync! What can I do?
- 5 My accounts are gone when I reboot the phone!
- 6 Only One-Way-Sync seems to work, why didn't it sync the new events to my server?
- 7 My calendar app always defaults to my Google (or some other) calendar, how can I make my CalDAV/SmoothSync calendar default?
- 8 What do all those account settings mean
- 9 I've a new self-signed certificate, how can I get the app to accept it without recreating the account
- 10 Can CalDAV-Sync sync tasks/todos?
- 11 What is auto-configuration and how does it work?
Is CalDAV-Sync open source Software?
Currently it isn't, but it is planned to make it open source once it evolves to version 1.0.
Update: Some parts are already open source. See open source status for details.
Why don't you make it open source right now?
Because it's not ready yet. Some parts of the source code are quite messy, it would be too embarrassing to publish it ;-)
How do I setup CalDAV-Sync for ...
Please see the list of Supported servers & services then select your server/service to see the set up instructions.
It doesn't sync! What can I do?
My accounts are gone when I reboot the phone!
You've probably moved the app onto the SD card. Android loads all sync adapters during boot. If a sync adapter is not found, a "clean up" method is triggered. This method is important to remove dead accounts when you uninstall a sync adapter. If you move the app to SD then it may not be available during the account check (as the SD card may be mounted at a later time) and your accounts will be removed. So the fix is: Move the app back to the phone.
Only One-Way-Sync seems to work, why didn't it sync the new events to my server?
Please ensure that you choose the right calendar. When you create the event, there is a calendar selection field that may default to your Google calendar. CalDAV-Sync won't sync events in your Google calendar. You can disable the other calendars in your calendar app, so they won't show up in that list (though, I've heard of a few phones still showing disabled/hidden calendars :-/).
My calendar app always defaults to my Google (or some other) calendar, how can I make my CalDAV/SmoothSync calendar default?
This is a front-end issue. If your calendar app does not have default calendar option try the free app aCalendar. This is a very good and free replacement for your stock calendar app and it features an option to set a default calendar.
What do all those account settings mean
Please have a look at CalDAV-Sync settings for brief explanation of CalDAV-Sync's settings.
I've a new self-signed certificate, how can I get the app to accept it without recreating the account
Just open the account settings and go to "Update password", then enter your password and proceed. The app will ask you if you accept the new certificate.
Can CalDAV-Sync sync tasks/todos?
Unfortunately, Android does not support tasks natively. So, to sync tasks I have to find or develop a suitable task app. I've already checked several options and work is in progress.
What is auto-configuration and how does it work?
Please see auto-configuration for an explanation of this feature.